$799.00 – $899.00
Cafelat Robot Espresso Maker
The Cafelat Robot is a small, high-quality manual coffee maker that makes real espresso. It uses few parts, no complicated electronics, and only premium materials like stainless steel – it is completely plastic-free. All you need is ground coffee, some hot water from a kettle and you are all set. The whole process is simple and takes just a few minutes. The Barista version has a pressure gauge system that measures the actual pressure inside the basket during extraction. Each Robot is handmade, assembled, and tested in Hong Kong by Paul Pratt, it is then packed in-house as well to ensure what is in each and every box.
- The Robot is a small, high-quality manual coffee maker that makes real espresso
- Winner of Best New Product at the Boston Specialty Coffee Association Expo 2019 - Consumer Equipment Non-Electrical
- All you need is ground coffee, some hot water from a kettle and you are all set
- The whole process is simple and takes just a few minutes - no need for any capsule machine and less plastic waste for the landfills
- Manual espresso maker with attached pressure gauge for the barista version
- The standard version has no gauge
- Capable of true 9 bar shots
- Retro aesthetic
- Stainless steel 58mm portafilter, basket, and dispersion screen
- The basket holds up to 25 grams of ground coffee comfortably
- Includes precision stainless steel tamper
- Detachable portafilter spouts with silicone o-ring seal (can be used as bottomless)
- Can fit an Acaia Lunar scale (see video)
- Requires source for hot water
- Non-electric - does not heat or steam
- All aluminium and stainless steel
- Silicone drip mat
- Available in several colours
- Non-slip base
- Very heavy, quality feel. This is a lifetime machine
- Spare parts kit with silicone piston seal, silicone portafilter spout o-ring, piston screw, teflon spacer, and food safe grease
How to use the Robot:
- Start by boiling your water (you'll lose some heat as you pour, so we recommend starting hotter than you wish to brew)
- Measure and grind your dose of coffee - we like about 18-20 grams of coffee. Your grind size should be appropriate for espresso, meaning it will be fine-textured and slightly clumpy.
- Add the coffee to the basket, tap to settle, and then tamp firmly, as evenly and level as possible.
- Add the dispersion screen to the top of the tamped coffee.
- Add the hot water directly on top of the dispersion screen. For an 18 gram dose, we use around 60 grams of water to account for both the desired output and the water retained by the coffee puck.
- Insert the basket into the portafilter and prepare your cup.
- To insert the portafilter into the Robot, first raise the arms to raise the piston. Insert the portafilter with the handle straight out, and turn either left or right to lock in.
- Begin your extraction by softly lowering the arms. As you apply more force, you will see the pressure gauge indicate higher pressure.
- For a soft pre-infusion, apply about 2-3 bars of pressure until espresso begins dripping out of the portafilter.
- Increase pressure to about 8-9 bars for the duration of the shot, and release pressure when you wish to stop your shot.
- Tip: An Acaia Lunar scale will fit under the bottomless portafilter if placed diagonally!
- Once your shot is finished, raise the lever arms again and remove the portafilter.
- To clean up, knock out your puck, rinse and wipe the basket and portafilter, and wipe down the piston.
- Enjoy your tasty shot of espresso!
|25 × 16.5 × 30.5 cm
|Choose version and colour
Barista Green, Barista Red, Standard Green, Standard Blue, Standard Creamy White, Barista Black, Standard Black